The Generation Segment’s total capital expenditures came in at PLN 1 683 million in 2019, including the outlays on the following strategic investment projects:
- PLN 1 020 million on the construction of the new 910 MWe unit in Jaworzno,
- PLN 25 million on investment projects related to expanding and maintaining the district heating networks,
- PLN 104 million on the implementation of the heat unit at Łagisza Power Plant,
- PLN 42 million on the adaptation of TAURON Wytwarzanie’s generating units to the BAT conclusions,
- PLN 32 million on the restoration of SDW at Łagisza Power Plant
- PLN 27 million on connecting new facilities,
- PLN 6 million on connecting facilities heated from the low emission sources to the district heating networks,
- PLN 215 million on the replacement expenditures and overhaul components at TAURON Wytwarzanie.
Furthermore, the financial costs constitute approx. PLN 166 million of the segment’s total capex.
Apart from the above capex the investment project in Stalowa Wola, with the participation of the strategic partner, PGNiG, is underway. TAURON and PGNiG hold a 50% stake each in the special purpose vehicle implementing the project that includes the construction of the 449 MWe CCGT unit, including the 240 MWt heat generation component. In January 2016, the contract with the general contractor Abener Energia S.A was terminated. In March 2017, thanks to the repayment of the institutions financing the project thus far, the signed amendments to the gas and electricity agreements as well as the agreement on the project’s restructuring came into force. The agreement was reached and the decision was taken on the construction of the backup heat source. In March 2018, financing was obtained from Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego S.A. (BGK) and PGNiG. As a result of completing a number of analyses, among others due to the project’s advancement level, the contract manager formula (EPCM) was chosen. Energopomiar Gliwice – Energoprojekt Katowice consortium was selected to implement the EPCM project. The project’s completion is scheduled for H1 2020. The expected capital expenditures on the project (excluding the financial costs) amount to PLN 1.4 billion.